domingo, 27 de marzo de 2016

Language as the Ultimate Weapon

Why is the Nineteen Eighty-Four novel by George Orwell relevant to a student taking the Programming Language course?

After I finished reading the book and article, I ended convince me how powerful are the media, but I did not know was how powerful could be a language to the point of changing the way people think.

I think what we should consider relevant of book for us is,I do not see it as a near future to our society, but if like something that could happen us as a society and I mean the fact how the media and government handled information at yours convenience.

We have always heard (at least me) that young people are the future of the country and I'm agree to this, the problem is that not all understand to meaning of this. For me, be the future of the country means understand that we have the opportunity to have a career and when we practice our profession we have the option to help our society, or destroy it more.

A phrase that I liked of the article is one that says "Expanding the language is to expand the ability to think" (Myers) and from what I understood I dare to make a comparison with the programming languages. The more languages the person knows, has more tools to decide which language should you use it, since the person has knowledge between one to other language.

I believe that a good strategy to not become a Big Brother, is to share our knowledge. Often we listen to our family, address one issue, giving their point of view according to what they saw or heard in the media, maybe what we know is not much, but if we combine both views or belie to people, I think it is to do our bit.

I see the language as knowledge, and knowledge lets us know that 2 + 2 is different to 5.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario