miércoles, 20 de enero de 2016

The Semicolon Wars

I never imagined that there were so many programming languages around of the world, I think that would be interesting to try to learn as many as possible languages. Maybe I couldn’t become an expert in each of them, but at least know the basic things. It’s sad, I thought that knew enough languages and now I realize that I don’t even know the least amount.


The syntax that each language adopts sometimes could be a problem for people who use different languages at once, because you can confuse and, sometimes, use operators to something that works well in one language, but on the other has another behavior.

Conflicts generated by the programmers about which language is better seem to me absurd, I think that each language has its pros and cons, depending on the problem to be solved, the language that solves it most efficiently will be selected.

In my opinion and from my experience, I believe that no language is better than another, each person chooses the language that like, and it's silly that for this reason they consider a language better than other. On the other hand I always thought that, as programmers say, "marry" a language is not a good option, you never know if we can find a better opportunity. For example, I like the Java language, but not for that would leave to learn other languages, I might find one that I like it more.

Finally, the way how Dijkstra describes different languages, I found very funny. I think people should not bother for his statements, but rather take it with humor, since all languages have their value and if someone does not like, this does not harm language performance, we must remember that everybody doesn’t think like us and there will always be differences between humans.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario